Known as red Kuri squash or Hokkaido pumpkin is that pumpkin a typical autumn seasonal food. The orange/red flash has a very delicate and mellow chestnut-like flavour. You can not only eat the flash but also the skin. Used for many different kinds of meals I filled him and backed him in the oven. He is also a good one to cut into pieces and make pumpkin fries of it.
|Nutrition p. Serving:||496 kcal||26 g carbs||19 g protein||34 g fat|
|Prep time:||40 min|
|80 g||Feta w. herbs|
|30 g||dried tomatoes|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
- Remove all the kernels of the Hokkaido pumpkin half.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Now cut the feta with herbals and the dried tomatoes in small pieces.
- Mix both with the olive oil, the parsley and the dill together.
- Fill it into the middle of the Hokkaido pumpkin.
- Shove the pumpkin half into the oven for approx. 20-30 min. Do not forget to look after him!
- When the flesh is smooth he is finished. Enjoy!
Variation for the filled Hokkaido Pumpkin:
Try out different fillings. You can use i.e. paprika, garlic, onions etc. What is your favourite filling?